Mar 25, 2012

What love can do

As a child I remember seeing my mother and father work. They always managed to find jobs working together. One particular job they did was cleaning a church, this church was right across the elementary school where my sisters and I attended and we would walk to it on those days they were working and waited. I would love seeing the way my parents worked as a team I would sit there in awe of how hard they worked to get that building clean. I still remember that smell of furniture polish and the sound of the buffing machines shining the floors. But what I remember the most was look on my fathers face when he walked across the floor and managed to smile at me just for being there. I would sit on the staircase doing my homework and waited for them to finish what a memory. My father passed away two years later.


I cherish that memory because it means the world to me. I know he worked hard to provide for us, and always made sure we knew he loved us no matter how busy he would get. I will always be grateful for having him for 12 yrs of my life, because I was giving the opportunity to enjoy my father on earth if even for a short time. I share this part of my life with you all to let you know that we are all given special memories that we carry deeply in our hearts.  I like to think my own children are making those memories with everything I do. But for the waiting children that I post about here and  every Wednesday and Brent who I so dearly have grown to love with just looking at his little eyes. Are growing up without memories of someone to love them. They sit in rooms all day and some bed ridden with no one to hold them. It's not easy to hear that children are missing out on being children no matter their disability and even harder to imagen that they are dieing while in these institutions. A family can change so much for one child, the outcome of their future can completely change.  I know that sometimes it can get overwhelming to hear and think about so many children listed and so far to go to find them a home.


I want you all to meet Laurel... I have posted her here before along with other older children who were running out of time to find a family. Well our Great and Faithful God has made this happen for them, but Laurel is still waiting and still running out of time her family hasn't found her yet. Isn't she just beautiful so sweet, Laurel deserves memories of her father and mother. Of having a family to love her, shelter her and protect her. I keep praying that her family rescue her soon and that God open the opportunity for Laurel to also be with all the other children who have already found their family before it's too late.





God is faithful and since starting this journey. I have already seen what he can do and what he continues to do for all these children. But the hard part is getting the word out there and showing the world just what these children are living everyday. Heartbreaking absolutely heartbreaking. So ask yourself what can I do? Do you have to give? Donate.. Do you have a heart for these children? Avocate and share..Do you want to know more?  or thinking about adoption ? go here http://reecesrainbow.org/  We all know what love can do in our lifes with our own families. Now can you imagen what love can do for Laurel?


No comments:

Post a Comment